I found this great list with 100 different ways to save the environment this morning. The site is created by an organization called SEQL in Charlotte, NC / SC, an integrated environmental initiative for the 15-county metropolitan Charlotte region in North and South Carolina.
- Insulate your home as best as you can.
- Install weather stripping around all doors and windows.
- Shut off electrical equipment in the evening when you leave work.
- Plant trees to shade your home.
- Shade outside air conditioning units by trees or other means.
- Replace old windows with energy efficient ones.
- Use cold water instead of warm or hot water when possible.